It’s no-guilt biryani time! Say hello to cauliflower rice Keto Biryani. If you are a desi boy or a desi girl then you’ve probably had a craving for biryani and been saving it up for one of your cheat days. I’ve got this slamming recipe for Keto chicken biryani which will save you a cheat day and satisfy all your rice cravings.
Macros per serving
Net Carbs: 6
Makes 4 servings.
– 1 Full skinless chicken cut curry style
– 500 grams of cauliflower riced
– 2 Tbsp Ghee
– 100 Grams Yoghurt
– 2 Tbsp Coriander Paste
– 1 Handful of fresh mint leaves
– 1/2 Tsp Tumeric
– 1/2 Tsp Red Chilli Powder
– 1/2 Tsp Coriander Powder
– 1/2 Tsp Garam Masala
– 1/2 Tsp Cumin Powder
– Juice of half a lime
– Salt to Taste
– 1 Tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
– 1 Onion Fried
– Fresh Coriander
– Pinch of Saffron
– a few drops of Kewra (Optional: Kewra, keora or kewda is an extract distilled from the flower of the pandanus plant.)
– a few drops of Shahi Biryani liquid (Optional)
– Melted butter
1. Marinate the chicken overnight with 1 tbsp ghee, yoghurt, coriander paste, fresh mint leaves, salt, ginger garlic paste and all the spices.
2. Pour some ghee into the biryani handi.
3. Layer the chicken and then the rice.
4. Top with the fried onions, saffron soaked in warm water, fresh mint and coriander, kewra and shahi biryani liquid.
5. Cook on a low flame for 20-25 minutes till the chicken is cooked through
6. Serve with a tablespoon of butter to up the fat content 🙂