As the world changes, it is very important for CEO’s to try new marketing strategies. When Barney Waters became CEO of sneaker company K-Swiss, he was tasked with remaking the brands image. Barney decided to shift away from marketing to aspiring athletes, and instead market to young entrepreneurs. One of the way he did this was by making the podcast “CEO’s wear sneakers,” a show where he would interview young entrepreneurs. On this episode, Harry talks to Barney about what inspired him to make the change of advertising, how the podcast affected his business, and the future Barney wants for his podcast.
- 01:15 How Harry met Barney at Complex con.
- 03:15 The story of Barney meeting Gary Reed, who helped Barney bring his company K-Swiss back into cultural relevance.
- 08:15 The reaction to Barney’s bold plan to market sneakers to entrepreneurs.
- 12:40 How Barney used the philosophy of Judo to improve his business.
- 15:00 The profound success of the marketing strategy of the new K-swiss line.
- 18:30 The makings of a truly great entrepreneur in today’s world.
- 20:00 How Barney found his way into the Sneaker business.
- 24:00 People who have taken notice of Barney’s bold new strategy.
- 28:00 How Barney’s Podcast has led his business forward.
- 30:00 The biggest surprises that came up in Barney’s podcast.
- 32:50 Barney’s dream guests for his podcast.
- 35:00 How barney feels he is understood by his coworkers.
Full Show Notes: http://podcastjunkies.com/Barney-Waters-interview